Just make a 'touch' option available when you select a file or folder. This tutorial can be modified to include other commands as well. I have used it for Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 and 16.04.
First, install nautilus actions
sudo apt-get install nautilus-actions
and launch it.
(1) Create a new item
- Create the item using the '+' icon and name the action (Ex: 'Touch'). Use a short name, since it is used in teh context menu
- Edit Action and Command tabs accordingliy. Ex:
- Path: /usr/bin/touch
- Parameters: %F (see Legend button to get more options)
- Working directory: %d
- Save (icon save)
(2) Right click on the new action that appeared in the Item list area
- go to preferences
- Ensure the 'Nautilus menu layout' > 'Create a root...' is disabled